All of our Programs are free of charge, and open to survivors of a brain injury (whether caused by a trauma to the head, a stroke, illness or tumor) and to their support system.
Support Groups and Social Activity
The purpose of a support group is to learn more about brain injury and available services by meeting with others who are facing or have faced similar challenges. The essential elements of a support group are:
- Gather information
- Share common needs and strengths
- Provide a place to meet new friends and find new connections in the community
- Provide a safe place to find courage and take risks
- Provide an opportunity to socialize
- Provide and environment where positive and negative views can be expressed without being judged
Please call our office to set up an initial interview.