Support GroupsВ В
All our programs are free of charge, and open to survivors of a brain injury (whether caused by trauma to the head, a stroke, illness or tumor) and to their support system. Please call our office to set-up an initial interview.
The purpose of a support group is to learn more about brain injury and available services by meeting with others who are facing or have faced similar challenges. The essential elements of a support group are:
- Gather information
- Share common needs and strengths
- Provide a place to met new friends and find new connections in the community
- Provide a safe place to find courage and take risks
- Provide an opportunity to socialize
- Provide an environment where positive and negative views can be expressed without being judged
Brain Injury Survivor Support Groups
All of our Survivor Support Groups are facilitated by a cognitive rehabilitation specialist and are free and open to anyone who has either a traumatic brain injury or an acquired brain injury.
- Ventura вЂ“ 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, 4:00pm вЂ“ 5:30pm at the Bible Fellowship Church, 6950 Ralston, Building 300, Ventura
- Camarillo вЂ“ 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, 4:00pm – 5:30pm at the Camarillo Health Care District, at 3639 E. Las Posas Road, Building E, Camarillo
- Santa Paula вЂ“ Call our office at 805/482-1312 to learn about special programs.
- Oxnard вЂ“ 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month, 1:30pm – 3:00pm at the Oxnard Family Circle, 2100 Outlet Drive, #380, Oxnard
Family/Friend/Caregiver Support Group
All Family/Friend/Caregiver Support Groups meet at the same date, time and location as our Survivor Support Groups.
Individual Support Services
One hour session for brain injury survivors with the intention of offering one-on-one support to promote physical and emotional health and well being and assisting with:
- Goal Setting
- Identifying Needs
- Communication Skills
- Community Reintegration
- Resource Connections
- Anger Management
- Social Skills Development
Appointments are required and are made at the discretion of our Program Director
Call BIC (805) 482-1312
В В В В В В В В В В В Social Gathering for Brain Injury Survivors
В A different activity each month- an opportunity to have some fun! Please join us!
We meet the last Wednesday of every month.
4:00pm вЂ“ 5:30pm at Bible Fellowship Church, 6950 Ralston, Bldg. #300 in Ventura
4:00pm вЂ“ 5:30pm at Camarillo Health Care District, 3687 E., las Posas, Bldg. E., Camarillo